Sunday, February 27, 2011

Polo

What a great group.  Everyone was a blast.


A picture of me being awesome.

Pauline and I on the pitch.
Not once in my life have I ever thought to myself, "man, I really want to play some Polo".  Polo was always a sport that was reserved for upper crust Brits and European royalty.
  
"A boy from Hamilton, Ohio, play Polo??  Ha that will be the day! " said an imaginary British guy with bad teeth.

Well, last Friday, the impossible happened.  Pauline and I took a Polo lesson (about 4 hours).  Besides us two, there were two Canadian brothers, and two chicks from New Castle, England that took the lesson with us.  Good people.  After the lesson was over we split up into teams (Pauline and I were on the same team) and played in an official polo game, which we won 5-4.  I don't like to brag, but for this blog to be historically accurate I must profess that I scored four of our five goals.  Did I miss my calling in life?  Do you know who else scored 4 times in one game?.....Al Bundy.  He scored four touchdowns for Polk High, including the winning score as time expired.  Guess what.  I too scored the final, game winning goal as time expired.  Granted, Pauline and I have ridden horses over 100 times in the last couple of years and everyone else had only maybe taken a trail ride on a downtrodden donkey, or ridden a camel with a saggy hump at the zoo, but personally I don't think that has anything to do with it.


Pauline scoring a goal (in practice).

Our polo instructor, Fernando.




After the polo match we drank some beers and watched the sunset.  Pauline and I both agree, it was the best day yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment